What is the difference between forgetfulness and dementia?
Dementia is present in 5% of people aged 65 years and over
It is increasingly present in 20-40% of those over 85 years of age
Causes of Dementia
• Excessive drinking and smoking over a period of years.
• Patients with hypertension and diabetes.
• Patients with high blood cholesterol.
• People with underactive thyroid glands.
• People with vitamins B1, B12 and folic acid deficiency.
You can keep your brain healthy if you have a regular health check-up
A health check-up program for Dementia Price 7,000 Baht (normal price 12,000 Baht)
This health check-up program does not include the cost for the medical check-up report.
• This program is available from today until December 31, 2012.
• Appointments and Enquiries can be made at Internal Medicine Clinic, 4th floor, Samitivej Srinakarin Hospital.
• Do not take any food and drinks at least 8-12 hours prior to check-up.